One of the best baby items that we’re using for Baby #2 that we didn’t have for Baby #1 is our DockaTot. We have a great side bed co-sleeper that I’ll be sharing more on, but he really loves sleeping in the bed with us. I don’t let him sleep there with us unless it’s just a little dozing off in the morning for some baby snuggles, but I can tell he just feels so comfortable when I’m laying there with him.
I reached out to DockaTot to see if they’d be interested in sharing one of their products with me, and I was so excited that they said yes. I chose the Banana For You DockaTot Deluxe +, which is literally the cutest print ever, especially when paired with a baby in a monkey onesie!!
So here’s what I love about it:
- It’s for babies 0-8 months (or 5-22lbs), so he’ll be able to be in it for a while
- It’s portable, with two handles, so it’s easy to carry
- It’s nicely padded on the side, and I can tell he feels snug and secure in it
- It’s a safe spot for him to sleep next to us, get his diaper changed, or just hang out. We carry this thing everywhere in the house with us!
- It has clips that open the DockaTot up as he gets longer
- It’s got a zipper to easily remove the cover and machine wash it
Here are the cons:
- If you don’t like “things” taking up space, you might not like it. It’s 18″ wide x 29-34″ long (29″ with clasps closed and 34″ with clasps open). Personally, I don’t think it takes up a lot of space, but my husband might tell you something different 😉
- The material isn’t water resistant. The reason I mention this is because my son spit up when he was in his, and it soaked into the material. I love that the material is soft, but it might be nice if there was some water resistance to the padding or something like that, so that any spitup or accidental spills could be picked up quicker.
- Honestly, that’s about it, other than the fact that everyone else in the house wants to use it too!!!
Even our big sister and chihuahua want to use the DockaTot!!
Thanks so much DockaTot!