Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite cookies to bake; I especially love making them at Christmas time because of the nostalgic memories I have from baking with my mom during the holidays as a kid. I’m never one to re-invent the wheel when it comes to a good recipe; I’ve used this chocolate chip cookie recipe for years, and love it. Here are my tips for making a perfect batch of delicious and easy chocolate chip cookies:
· Use the recipe I’ve linked above. It’s SUPER EASY, and the cookies are delicious, I promise. It’s basically foolproof. I guess to make things easier I’ll write it out below, but all credit is to Dora from All Recipes!
· Refrigerate the dough overnight. I have no scientific proof of why this makes the cookie so good, but it does. Trust me. Let it thaw out for about an hour or so, and then get to making your balls!
· ALWAYS USE PARCHMENT PAPER! Don’t be spraying your cookie pans. I honestly never started using parchment paper until about a year ago, and now I’m like wtf was wrong with me that I never bought this stuff?? I now buy it in bulk at Sam’s Club because if I run out, I won’t know what to do. I use it for anything that goes on a cookie sheet, and into the oven. Just buy it and try it. Again, I promise you won’t be disappointed.
· This recipe made exactly 3 dozen cookies for me. I make the balls a little smaller than a golf ball, and I don’t flatten them.
· Bake them at 350 for about 10-12 minutes depending on your oven (mine were about 12 mins). Open the oven, and using an oven mitt, grab the pan a bang them about 5-10 times until the puff in the middle of the cookie is deflated. (I got this idea from Sarah Kieffer, a local food blogger)
· Bake them again for 3-4 minutes, and repeat the banging to remove the remaining center poof. Once they’re done, they should look like this: Perfect. Instagram-picture-worthy. Santa-worthy. Dunk-in-milk-worthy. #basicbutbeautiful.
Perfectly #Basic Home-Made-By-Mom, Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies
The only chocolate chip cookie recipe you'll ever need to make gorgeous and delicious chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 Cup Butter Soften it! Take the sticks out and let them sit there for an hour or so.
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsps Hot Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips (sometimes I use 3)
Preheat the oven to 350.
I mixed the butter and sugars together, then added the eggs, and everything else. Basically just mix it up in the order it's listed here, then refrigerate the dough overnight.
When you take it out, let it thaw for a while until it's pliable.
Form into balls a little smaller than a golf ball, and put them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then bang the pan 5-10 times on the oven rack to remove the "cookie poof".
Continue baking for another 2-3 minutes, bang again to remove remaining poof, and then take out to cool!
Shop the Post via my affiliate Amazon Links:
Here’s some pictures of my steps along the way. If you have any questions feel free to reach out!! Enjoy!